Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We are here

We made it to Virginia!! We are safe and more or less happy to be here. The trip here was long. Ginger was great though. She loved the take off and landing of the airplane and she napped most of the time and watched a movie (portable dvd player), boy did we get lucky!!! We got in when it was kinda dark so we couldn't see anything on our way to the apartment. BTW GPS ROCKS!!! Our rental has it and it has been a lifesaver for us, we might just have to buy our own now. Today was spent driving around and was supposed to be fun getting to know the area and get a little shopping done, but it turned to crap when Josh got pulled over (that's right 12 hrs in and he already gets a ticket) I wasn't feeling good and that made Josh upset (espcially when told to pull over) he just hates how sick I've been this pregnancy. And Ginger has been a turd today (and I expect a few more days of it also), but otherwise it's not so bad. It's pretty here, nice and green. It's cold though, it snowed today. I wish I had packed my winter jacket. It's going to take me a while to get used to being here but I know I will. Still hard to believe that I have moved so far away. We can't wait to start going to all the fabulous places that are here.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

How nice that Ginger had a good trip out there! Sad babies on a long flight are so not fun. I'm sure it will take a little time to adjust, but it sounds like so many things to discover! Enjoy!

Vidal's Nest said...

Glad you made it safe and secure! ginger will probably be a little bugger for a while longer. My lil ones have meltdowns whenever we move!
Hang in there and enjoy the adventure!

DANI KYNASTON said...

It is crazy cold right now. This weather is not usual. I do love the cold, though, so it is nice. The humidity here makes it feel a lot colder than it is as well. Just be glad that you missed summer with pregnancy. Not fun! We are so excited to have family close by again. We can't wait to see you on Thanksgiving!