Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanks

I wanted to post a little something about my little girl, Ginger. These last few days have been a little rough for her, what with the move that's going on and everything. I've been kinda single parenting it while Josh has been getting things settled and cleaned. So Ginger has been a real snot (ask my mom about thursday night) and I've just about had it with her and I'm at my wit's end. I just read my aunt Lauri's blog about taking the good with the bad and I couldn't agree more. I forget the good most times. And sometimes its hard to remember them. Once I feel like I could beat my kid black and blue and not feel remorse about she does something that just makes my heart swell. Like we went out for breakfast this morning and she was being horrible (sometimes) and just when I'm ready to explode, she'll look at me and smile her sweetest smile and ask if I want her Teddy Grahm or Gold Fish. Or she'll give me a HUGE hug and tell me she loves me. Moments like that are what makes being a parent worthwhile, and during those moments I forget just how horrible she can really be. Until next time. So I just want to say that I'm blessed to have a such a wonderful daughter, even if she does drive me crazy most of the time. Thank you Lauri for your post, it has helped me remember that not everyday is supposed to be a perfect day with children. But that there are some perfect moments.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I think sometimes the harder you have to work for something makes you appreciate the good. Does that make sense?
Being a mother is the hardest job in the world! I am envious of working women sometimes!

Shelli said...

It seems like a lot of us are feeling this way these days! It's nice to be reminded to take time to enjoy this wild ride.

DANI KYNASTON said...

The nice thing is, there will be a rest someday. I know that I will miss it someday, even when it feels overwhelming. Sometimes I look at Mom's/grandma's house and I tell myself: It used to be a pigsty like mine. Someday I will have a clean house again, too!