Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Can I have your attention please??

IT'S A GIRL!!! I had my ultrasound today and it's definately a girl. Josh and my mom were there, as well as Ginger (who wouldn't sit still). I knew it was going to be girl from the beginning, we have some members of the family who will be disappointed that it's not a boy but oh well. I'm thrilled. I love little girls!! I already have one so I know what to do with one. And I saved all of Ginger's clothes so I'll be able to re-use them on this kid. So I'm happy. I'm pretty sure Josh is, but I don't know. He had to go back to work right after it was done. I know that he wanted a boy just because we already had a girl. But his girls are daddy's girls. During the exam they did find one thing. It was calcium deposit in the heart. No big deal it won't hurt the baby in-utero or once it's born, but it is a characteristic of downs syndrome. So I had to take the blood test that will tell me if my baby girl has a high risk for it and will need further testing or not. I'll know in a week. I don't think she will but knowing that that possiblilty is there, is a little scary. I'm 98% positive my baby will be fine but that 2% has me a little worried. I'm so grateful that my mom was there to reassure me that it's just a precaution not a dianosis and that she let me go over to her house to hang out until I was a little more calm.



It's a girl!!


Isn't this a nice profile of her? I love it!!


7 comments:

kristifritzel said...

Hooray! Girls are so fun!

Shelli said...

So beautiful! Congratulations, and I'm so happy for you! Now, don't panic if you are having a downs baby -- a good friend of mine here has a little girl named Madison, and she is so freaking adorable! The challenges will be way outweighed by the blessings. You can visit her blog at http://astoryofdownsyndrome.blogspot.com/

DANI KYNASTON said...

Congratulations! Girls are so fun. I kinda wanted one but a boy is good for Joe. I don't know what tests they will do on you, but if it is an AFP test, they are wrong all of the time! I say, just enjoy the baby and know that no matter what, you will love her! Don't let those crazy doctors get you riled up!

The Northwest Bunch said...

Congratulations!!!! It is a lot of fun to girls in a row. They are the best of friends yet sometimes worst enemies. Delaynie loves Reagan and it is fun that they can share the same clothes. Even though I never thought that I would be able to save Delaynie clothes because their is a 4 year gap but Delaynie is so small that Reagan has almost caught up to her. I know that what ever the Lord has in store for your sweet family that you will be blessed and please do not worry because that baby girl is all ready loved by so many people and she had not even entered the world.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Congratulations! We love having girls in our house. It keeps the men in our house in line :) As many have already said, don't stress yourself with worry. Enjoy the pregnancy (minus the hormones and yucky stuff). Everything will be just great! Ginger is going to love having a little sister.

Ginger said...

So glad you are going to have a girl. They will be best friends. We will all be sending lots and lots of prayers that she will be healthy.

Vidal's Nest said...

Congratulations! Bailey and Grace are such good friends. It will be fun for ginger!
I am sure the baby will be fine! try not to worry too much!