Thursday, August 7, 2008

Camping at Redfish- The Bad

So after our first night at Redfish as I was waking up I lifted my left hand in front of my face, and what ring is on your left hand, that's right your wedding ring, no I didn't lose it although it would of been easier to find than the diamond that fell out!! That's right I lost a diamond from my ring and it's really noticable. Me ring has 7 diamonds 1 big one in the center and 3 smaller ones on the sides and I lost one of the side ones. I was so sad I kinda felt like a bad wife for letting that happen and then even more horrible when I realized that although my ring has a diamond for life insurance on it the only way it works is if you take it in every 6 months and have them check it and sign off on it and I hadn't. I couldn't believe it I never thought that would happen to me. When we got home I went to the store where we bought it at and I was expecting that it would cost more than 100 to get it fixed but it's only going to be 65!!! YES!! I was so excited when I heard that number Josh too. The jewelers kept telling me that at least it wasn't the big diamond which would of put a HUGE dent in our budget cuz' there is no way that I'm not getting my ring fixed. Josh really doesn't like spending money so he was even more excited than me when I told him that it would only be 65 but I would of spent more than that on it to get it fixed. When I get my ring back this tomorrow or monday I'm going to be taking that ring back every 6 months just in case. I love my ring I know it's materialistic to love something like that but I can't help it. It's MINE it's the ring Josh gave me. And it's my bling bling. I clean it myself often so it always looks new cuz' I like the way it shines and sparkles in the light. And I know I sound shallow but again I just can't help it. I miss it! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it back.

2 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

I love my ring too. I would be sad without it. I always have to give it up during the last months of pregnancy and it makes me feel naked. I love my ring so much and the wonderful things it represents from the moment Brent asked me to the fights to this very minute!

Brent Kynaston said...

Amanda - Your blog is great! Will you please forward your email to me @ bkynaston@gmail.com?