Thursday, August 7, 2008

Camping at Redfish- The Good



This weekend Josh decided to take me up to Stanley/Redfish area for a camping trip because I've never been there before. It's about a 3 hr drive from our home. And the drive up was absolutely gorgeous and when we got there I was just ready to get out of the car and explore and strech my legs. We were originally going to camp in Stanley cuz' Redfish (which is literally 8 miles down the road) is always busy and packed (think campsites at the beach) and a few weeks ago got hit with a micro-burst (winds exceeding 80mph). So we were just driving around looking at camping spots at Redfish and we found one NOT occupied, from our reactions you would of thought we hit the jackpot. Our spot was so beautiful. We were within walking distance to the lake, in fact we could see it from out spot. The Sawtooth mountains looked awesome no matter which way you looked at them. It was just wonderful and relaxing. The water was so clear. I could see straight to the bottom. I've never been anywhere where the water was that clear. Josh loves Redfish, when he was growing up him and his family would have get togethers there all the time. It brought back a lot of great memorys for him all of which he was telling me as we passed a trail he went hiking on as a kid or the creek he floated on as a kid. Ginger loved it to. The first time we went camping this year it was a DIASTER!! It was cold (like 30 or lower) and rainy and Ginger was being a brat. But this time it was wonderful. I hope we can go back again. I've never been anywhere more beautiful. We went on a paddle boat on the lake and it was awesome and pretty. Ginger got a kick out of it. The next night we went to Sun Valley (ski resort town) area and camped there not nearly as fun but just as beautiful. Because we couldn't burn the wood we found on the ground. We were pissed!! Espcially me, I wanted a fire so I could drink hot coco and stay up late and kick Josh's butt at Rummy!! But besides that it was great. I would definatley do the whole trip, minus Sun Valley cuz' the town is to fancy and busy, all over again. On the way we stopped at Fairfield and got milkshakes (it's like a rule, if your going to drive by Fairfield you get a shake) and Ginger just sucked them down like crazy!!


1 comment:

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun! Your pictures are beautiful! You have such a cute little family. All of this talk about camping is making me want to go too.