Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Doctor

So today was my first appointment with the new doc. and I didn't like him, first I had to wait almost a half hour, then we were sent to his office to meet him first and we had to wait another 10 mins for him to arrive and sit and chat with me. I don't like to wait. But what are you going to do? So we're finally in the exam room and it was really impersonal, it didn't help that Josh had to leave because Ginger was being turd and kept crying and screaming. I don't know about him, he didn't make me uncomfortable exactly its just, I don't know. When he was checking me he didn't tell when he was going to do it or what exactly, I had to ask him afterwards. It just felt like he didn't think of me as a real person, just a patient. And he had his laptop with him that he typed all my answers in. Don't they have nurses or transcriptionists for that? When we were done, I went to the car to Josh and Ginger and just started bawling. I loved my other doctor and this new is NOTHING like him, and I knew he wouldn't be but since he came highly recommened I had so expectations. So I don't know what I'm going to do, I think I'm going to try to find another doctor. Just thinking about it again is making me want to cry again, I don't know if I'm just being hormonal, or just miss my other doctor or what. All I know is that I shouldn't feel this way after an appointment. I could go back to my other doc but it'll cost so much more. On the plus side. I got to hear the heartbeat and it was 166 my mom thinks its a girl, I do too. what do you think?

3 comments:

Ginger said...

See if you can find a doctor you are comfortable with. There are others you will like, probably not as much as the first, but better than this one. When you make the appointment tell the nurse about your bad experience and ask her if this doctor is like that - impersonal. She will probably say no, but might pass along your information and help. The other thing you can do is tell the current doctor you are disappointed in his bedside manner and see if it helps. Either way, girl or boy, it's going to be great.

Shelli said...

Well, Mom is an expert, with 8 of us! You can trust her advice. I agree, you want a doctor you're comfortable with. There are plenty out there, you don't have to settle. Maybe try to get recommendations from people who feel the same things are important as you do. Also, I would hope for a boy, because then you'd have one of each sex, and you wouldn't have to keep trying for the other one later. Ummm, unless you want to!

Vidal's Nest said...

Definatly look for a new dr. I wish I had with Ethan. I was very uncomfortable during my visits and felt as if i wasn't being heard, and while in labor had a scary moment. Nurses told me I was lucky everything turned out ok. Ask ladies at church..they will give you a wealth of info. Even if you haven't been to church in awhile(don't know if you do or don't) call the rs president and ask for the names of moms who had given birth recenlty. their is no reason you can't find one you like!
Good luck sweetie!