Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do You Know...?

Do you know when it's time to mop your floors? I bet some of you have some sort of schedule, like you do your mopping on fridays or some such thing. Me, nope I have a totally different way of knowing when its time to mop. I walk around barefoot and if my feet start sticking to the floor I know it's time to mop the floor. I know that that sounds gross but for now that's what works for me. I hate floors, I wish I had a Fairy Floor Godmother to do my floors for me, but alas, that is only in my dreams. And with my 2 yr old daughter running around like crazy and spilling things all the time, there is just no way I'm mopping my floors EVERYDAY. So if you ever decide to come visit me and tell me I need to mop, I'll probably take off my shoes and socks and walk across it myself and see if its sticky enough for a new mopping. (OK so I don't let it get that bad, but sometimes it does before I notice it needs to be mopped.)

4 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

JR has become my mopping slave! He usually does a great job and it gives him a lot of pride. I am glad because I too hate mopping floors. Before JR was old enough, I had a great floor in UT where almost everything would blend in. It got really scary!

Vidal's Nest said...

I HATE mopping! I had to laugh when I read this. I wait until it grosses me out too much too!Screw weekly mopping...that's for sissys!!

Amanda said...

I watched some kids after school earlier this year after they got off school, and the oldest, who's a boy and is 9, asked me why I had ginger and wanted more. I looked at him seriously and with a straight face and told him " So I can have someone to clean up after me, and be my slave" he truly beleived me and told his mom, I then had to explain my answer to her.

Shelli said...

OK, here's what I've done before. All the kids grab a dish towel. Then, they dip it in soapy water and tackle the floor. Sometimes they wear their bathing suits and scoot around on their bottoms. Hey, at least I don't have to do it! I think I'll try that next weekend. As for how often? Um, you don't want to ask!