Monday, October 6, 2008

Potty Training

Potty training sucks!! It just takes so long. I'm not really doing it with Ginger because of the new baby on the way, but I'm not stopping her if she tells me she has to go. Every passing week we are having more success at it, and that's cool, it almost seems she will be by the time the baby is here. As much as I want her out of diapers by the time the baby comes, I'm not counting on it. I'm very proud of my little girl though. Today... she did a poopy in the potty!! this one was all by herself, I took her diaper off to see if she would do it and she did!! You know its amazing what mothers have come to be proud of, I never thought that poop would be one for me. I really need to just let her go around the house naked and see what happens there. Go Ginger!! Heck go me!! I'm feeling pretty proud of myself that I got my 2 year old to go poopie in the potty!!! Just feeling a little smug here :)

6 comments:

Jim Proffitt said...

It's less stress if you just make a committment that the kids can't wear a diaper to kindergarten!!!

Shelli said...

Yay, poopie! I had one friend who potty trained her daughter by taking off her diaper, no panties, and letting her go potty anywhere whenever she wanted. Even at church. Very interesting. I like your approach better! And, hooray, it seems to be working!

DANI KYNASTON said...

My only rule is that the kids have to be trained, not me. If I am having to run around and clean up after them all the time or constantly be taking them potty (every 20 min) then it isn't worth it. I figure they'll get it eventually and there is no point in pushing it! Baby steps.

kristifritzel said...

You go girl! Every small poopie is a triumph!

Vidal's Nest said...

Way to go! I still haven't trained Grace! She is kinda doing it herself though. Good cause I am too lazy to be cleaning it up so I just leave the diapers on long enough that they take them off in frustration!

Shelli said...

Amanda, I tagged you on my blog!