Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's decided

We are moving to Virginia!! In about 4 weeks!! EEEK!! I'm pretty excited about it, and definately nervous. Micron is transferring Josh over there and we have absolutely no reason to turn it down, espcially since his job will be more secure there than here. It's amazing, it's happening so quick. I will have to find ANOTHER doctor, ANOTHER hospital, and our insurance will change as well. What a pregnancy. We have a lot of details to work out, but it'll be fine. One thing I don't have to worry about is packing. That's right I don't have to pack my house, Micron will hire a mover they will come in and pack everything for us, how freaking awesome is that?!?! It'll be weird knowing we're moving but not having to walk around boxes. I'm going to miss my family like something terrible, but this opportunity is just to great to pass up. Also no one here will be able to see this new baby and that's sad. We'll be driving there which I know sounds crazy, but I think it'll be kinda cool to drive cross country. We'll get to see so much. I just hope Ginger won't be to terrible. I won't be here for christmas with my family and that just breaks my heart, I tear up just thinking about it, there is just no way we could afford it, and even if we could driving and flying is out of the question that far along in my pregnancy. I'm going to be a mess this holiday season. On to new adventures for the Hansen family.

7 comments:

Jim Proffitt said...

A WONDERFUL ADVENTURE!!! Pretty exciting stuff. Danyelle lives in Virginia. Hope you are close enough to get together.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Sounds great! Glad to hear that you don't have to worry about the packing. That is the worst thing about moving. Just sit back and relax. All will be well. I guess you are going to have to make your whole family come visit YOU for the holidays. Hope you are close to Danyelle. That would be fantasti. At least you know you are in the same state as some family:) Good luck!

Ginger said...

I am so excited for you! We went and visited Dani and Brent this spring. I loved it. It was beautiful and there was so much history. It is just a short drive to DC and so much to see inbetween. I think you are going to be really close to Danyelle so stay in contact with her and she'll show you all the special places. The hardest part is leaving family. A little bit of my heart is strung all over America.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Yeah!! I was just complaining that I don't have a single person from our family close by! We will take you in for the holidays. It will be fun! I have the best OB in the world if you are close. I know where to look for housing as well. You will love VA. It is gorgeous!!

Shelli said...

Congratulations, Amanda! It sounds like an exciting adventure. Do you think your mom can stand it? When we get rich, we'll come visit you.

The Northwest Bunch said...

Jim and I seemed to always face some type of job crisis or change during our pregnancies. With Mackenzie, Jim lost his job 3 weeks before her due date, after Hayden was born her was laid off from Sony for 1 1/2 months, Delaynie he left for the Border Patrol Academy and missed her birth and with Reagan He was gone on details from the time I found out I was pregnant until I was 29 weeks along and put on bed rest. There always seems to be some type trial never one that we can see coming but with all trials there are blessing. You are going to do fine. Virgina will be far and even though family will not be close you learn to rely on each other more. This will strengthen your marriage. I know that moving to Washington has created a bond between Jim and I that we would not have if we were still in California. It will be great if you are in the same town as Dani. See you already know someone.

Juli said...

WOW! How exciting! Janeal is right, it will bless you in ways you don't even realize. Your marriage will be strengthened. You will get to see parts of the country that you never would have before. Oh, the adventures you will have!