Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Fate!!

I don't know if any of you have heard about what's been going on here in Idaho but Boise's largest employer (Micron) is doing lay offs, now why should I care you might be thinking, well that's where Josh works!! And he may be one to be laid off. Right now they are taking volunteers until the 19th then no more. They are getting rid of a Fab here and 1500 employees out of the 3,000 + will be laid off and Josh works in that Fab. Now I'm hoping he won't be laid off because of the baby and we really need the insurance but if he does we'll be fine, stressed, but fine. And if he doesn't get laid off then he's going to continue to look for a new job anyways. Last year Micron also did lay offs (Josh was never in any danger that time). It seems that no one around us knows just how serious this is. They think he's safe or we'll be fine (which we will) but since most places are laying off or not hiring we'll have to move, sell our house who knows. I'm with my hubby no matter what he decides, if he takes a job in Timbuktu then I'm not going to fight it. But I will be here in Idaho till after the baby is born, there is no way I'm switching doctors AGAIN!! I just hate not knowing what's going to happen I try not to think about it now. I already had a breakdown on Friday, I'm talking hysterical crying on and off for a couple of hours, Josh was at work so he didn't get to witness his crazy preggo wife in hysterics. And since my little breakdown I'm much better now. What we're doing now is lots of research. I'll keep you updated.

5 comments:

Jim Proffitt said...

Well, looks like the Grampa will be praying a lot... All will be well.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Good luck! Part of why we left Novell was because of all the layoffs. As for moving, it will be scary but it pays off. Brent and I have moved several times and even though it was scary at times, it was what was best for our family. The biggest help was prayers and priesthood blessings. I always felt like we were making choices in a partnership with the Lord.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

You will be in our prayers. Everything will work out. Lay offs are scary, but it all seems to work out for the BETTER in the long run. Just relax and know that you are being watched over. Heavenly Father knows what is best for your family and he will make sure you are taken care of.

Shelli said...

I agree with everyone else. The unknown is scary, but you're always so grateful with what comes next. Be an adventurer! Life is exciting! We'll pray for you that all will go well for you. Nice to know you're loved by so many, isn't it?

Vidal's Nest said...

So stressful! Let us know as soon as you hear!
I have found that the things I wanted the least ended up being a blessing. Like having to go to Arizona! I thought it was the end of the world, but it was a blessing since I have found out some things about Zachs friends there.
So whatever happens..I hope it is what is best for you guys! Try not to stress to much!