Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Homesick

If I really think about my family, I start to get homesick. And being pregnant and emotional has made it even more difficult. It's always there and I try really hard to ignore it because I'm trying to enjoy being here (which I do for the most part) but sometimes it just hits me like a ton of bricks. I miss my mom so much I miss our Thursday nights, I can't wait to see her when the baby is here and that helps a little. I just miss being to go to any of my family's houses anytime and just visit with them. I'm SOOOO grateful that I have some family here and that's helped, just knowing that they are here and close by.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Of course you're homesick! Your mom would be very sad if you weren't. She feels the same way about you, I'm sure. Hang in there, and it will get better, little by little.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Maybe we can find some fun Christmasy thing to do this weekend. I will look and see what there is to do. Maybe look at the lights in DC or the temple lights. I always appreciate living here more when I enjoy all the fun things available here.

Ginger said...

It is natural to feel homesick. I'm not sure it ever completely goes away. It's a good thing, means you are loved. It will get better.