Saturday, June 28, 2008

No More DIRT!!!





YES!! We finally got this big dirt patch in our backyard filled in with concrete, now the kids don't have anymore dirt to play with and track into my house!! That makes me very happy because noramlly either the day of or after I've swept AND mopped my floors they're just filthy again due to the darn dirt. I know the kids don't have it to play in and throw at each other and put in each others hair, but do I really care?? NOPE!! Cuz' it's GONE, we had another one also, but we grew grass there. We don't know what the previous owners of the house were planning on doing with those spots but I figured that they stopped being motivated. I love going out back and seeing my patio extended instead of it being dirt. Boy, it sure doesn't take much for me to happy! :) The first pictures is what it looked like before the concrete was poured (we dug it down) The second photo is what the other patch looks like now that we grew the grass, before it was just dirt, and the others are what my new patio looks like!!!

3 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun! I love having a nice yard for my kids to play in. Now, if only the extreme heat would go away! Your yard looks lovely.

Vidal's Nest said...

Yeah! I wanna kill my little ones when they track crap in right after I mop!
You did a great job on the patio!
I am so excited you have started blogging!!!

Ginger said...

Great job! There is nothing more fun than fixing up your first home. Now, just don't get a dog or it will all change.