Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New House




So our new house is AWESOME!! I love it its 1706 sq ft and its way different from our old place which was 900 sq ft. So we have a ton of room now, but now I do have a new problem with the new place, it's almost to big to clean, there are 3 bathrooms 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms (one is carpeted and one has wood, pergo, floors) everytime I think about cleaning the house I get a little panic attack. It was so much easier to clean the old place, 1 bathroom 2 bedroom tiny living room. The way I tackle the place is one day one chore at a time, like if its time to clean the bathrooms (which sucks!! I mean come on there are 3!!) that's all I do for the major cleaning, I feel good about the cleaning and when Josh comes home from work and asks me what I did today, I can tell him I cleaned ALL the bathrooms, real good. He knows better than to reply with "that's all??" (yes he's done that in the past). The best part about my house, and what I'm sooooooooooooooooo grateful for is my dryer!! I know that sounds silly but in my old place I didn't have a vent for my dryer not that that mattered because I didn't have ROOM for one, so the whole time we lived there which was 2 1/2 years I had to hang dry ALL the clothes. It is not fun, and your jeans are crunchy when you put them on when they've finished drying after 2 days with the fan blowing on them. So yes I'm grateful for my dryer!!! The first day our dryer was hooked up in our new house I did load after load until pretty much everything had been washed and dryed, Josh thinks I'm crazy but he didn't have to the laundry. Now I have a brand new front loader washer and dryer and I will never again live in a house without one.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Mandy, what a fabulous home! You are going to have so much fun there. I love the bay windows (is that what they call them?) with the view of the yard. Hey, if you want help getting a system for cleaning, I strongly recommend FlyLady (FlyLady.net). She's easy, not overwhelming, and thorough. Several of us homemaking challenged sisters use her for a resource. I love your blog!

Vidal's Nest said...

I love your house! It is so cute. The claw foot tub is awsome.
Congrats!
The extra room is perfect timing eh?