Sunday, December 27, 2009

Terrifying

So the day after Christmas I decide to take Ginger to go see The Princess and The Frog. We were originally going to at 1:40pm but for some reasons the line was super long so by the time I got to the tickey booth it was already 2pm. So we went at 4pm. We get there and there are no seats for us to sit together. She has to sit on my lap. That pissed me off. I paid for two seats and I only get one. The movie was wonderful. Ginger was great. That was her first movie theater experience and she was delightful. After the movie I decided I was going to talk to a manager and see about getting reimburesed for one ticket since Ginger had to sit on my lap. On the way there I lost Ginger. I couldn't find her, anywhere. There were a ton of people in the theater waiting to watch Avatar. So it was crowded and I couldn't see her. And I'm screaming her name and she's not answering me, the panic is now clawing at my throat and ready to burst. I'm being stared at like I'm crazy or a bad mom. Then a lady comes to me and grips my arm and basically takes charge and tells me to tell a manager and looked in the bathroom with me. She tells me to stay in one spot and she'll go look for her aswell. A few minutes later Ginger is found. She had somehow doubled back. I was terrified to move anywhere. Cuz' I was stationed close to the exit and I didn't want her to slip by me. And I felt that no one would recognize her like I would. One worker actually told me to calm down and not panic. I just looked at him and asked if he had kids, and he was all no... but I have a sister. Okay I know sibling love is strong and I remember when Erin got lost on the beach in Italy and I was scared and terrified. But this... this was different and even if you are a parent and never lost your kid I don't think you could fully know the full terror that comes with that. I'm so glad that she was found and okay. I got home and just bawled like a baby. Ginger doesn't even know what went wrong. I've taught her before to say 'here' when I call her name, and I didn't hear her. I hope to never have to go through that again. Mom... I don't know how you survived Erin's lostness.

6 comments:

Curtis and Deedra said...

I've had a couple of those moments myself as a mother. It is scary. So glad she is okay and that something worse didn't happen.

Vidal's Nest said...

It is so scary. Christmas morning a little girl was kidnapped by a stranger. They found her 9 hours later alive, but molested.
As a parent you know these things happen so losing your kid for even a few minutes is terrifying. I think I'd have prolly dropped a few horrific swear words at anyone telling me to calm down!
So glad she was ok!

sherry said...

Shoot! It is always so scary when a child might be lost. One summer my sister and I both lost our little boys at roughly the same time. I think they were two or three. Our opposite reactions were hilarious because they happened at the same time. We still laugh at her about it. I don't think anyone knows how they would react until it happens to them.(they were both fine, by the way...)

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

OK... that is terrifying!! I've lost sight of Bennett just for a moment and screamed like a mad woman for everyone to stop and look for him.... I felt ridiculous later but you just freak out eh??? Glad everything was ok!!!

Ginger said...

It is the worst feeling in the world. I am so glad it was just for a few minutes and she was safe.

The Northwest Bunch said...

I lost Hayden when he was 2 at Disneyland. Not fun. Lucky for me he remembered that if he was to get lost that he needed to find the man that made popcorn. He did. He was safe with popcorn waiting for us.
Glad that she was found safely.