Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Insurance

SO I've been having to deal with a whole bunch of crap with insurances cuz' of changing them so often. Well back in december I had to go to the hospital while I was pregnant with Zoey, no big deal. Non-stress test, ultrasound. Well come to find MONTHS later and after I've already paid the bill, the hospital didn't file the whole thing they left out $276 saying that my insurance didn't cover it, well how would they know if they didn't file that claim? So since I've discovered that I've been trying to get the hospital to re-file the whole amount. So far no luck. I've had to talk to Blue Cross often now and they have just been wonderful. They take everything so calmly, even when I talk to them like they're slow (I just wanted to make sure that we were clear on everything). It's been over 2 months and the hospital STILL hasn't sent in the proper claim. But now I'm going to do myself. I thought it was okay if I could do that. The Blue Cross guy (Peter) told me that as a patient it's within my right to send in a claim that I feel should be. And its my responsibility to make sure a claim is filed. Everytime I'm done talking with someone at Blue Cross I feel so relieved, like a weight has been taken off my shoulders. My new insurance (Dakotacare) isn't like that at all.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I HATE dealing with insurance and the hospitals!
Good luck with it!

kristifritzel said...

Find out if your hospital is not for profit. If it is, let me know, I have some ways for you to get around all of it!

Ginger said...

I really liked Blue Cross when we had it. Keep on them, tell the hospital to file the claim or write it off.