Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Night Shift

I hate the night shift! My husband is now going to be working the night shift for the next 4 months and that just bites. At his work you work the day shift, 6:30am-6:30pm, for 4 months and then the night shift, 6:30pm-6:30am, for 4 months. It's a good idea actually that way no one is stuck in the same shift they don't like, they just have to deal for 4 months. It's weird in my house without Josh in it. It seems very empty. And since it's at night, I get a little spooked. It has its plus side though. Like I can hog the bed now!! And I can watch whatever I want on the TV (although I do that anyways). I always forget how lonely I get with him going to work at night. I also worry, cuz' he's so tired when he gets off work, I'm afraid he'll get in an accident. I'm going to be a nervous wreck when winter comes and the roads are icy and covered in snow. January can't come soon enough now!

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I hate it when Tony isn't here at night! I am a big baby.Scared at any sound!
Some days though, I do wish he weren't here!
At least it will be over right around the baby being due right?

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

I totally feel your pain. Mike has worked the grave yard shifts for most of the last 5 years. For the last 3 months he has been on day shift. It was so weird. But next week he moves back to grave yards. It is amazing the stupid little sounds you hear at night! The fourth months will go by fast though :)

Amanda said...

Yeah, the sounds creep me out, espcially since its a new house. And it's great that'll he be done around when the baby is due.