Saturday, September 6, 2008

Maternity Clothes!

I've decided I hate buying maternity clothes!! All it is is a horrible shopping experience. I get cranky and upset cuz' the pants aren't in my size or are to short for me or the belly panel covers the whole belly and I don't like it that way. Also they are freaking expensive. I don't even buy my non-preggo pants for 30-40 bucks (I'm a walmart girl)!! And I should do that for something I'm going to wear for only a little while? I don't think so. Shirts are also hard for me to find cuz' those also fit me funny cuz' my belly doesn't get to big so they are always loose fitting on me and I like mine to be more form fitting. So I try to find clothes in the juniors department (yes, that's where I shop) the pants are almost perfect for me they're long enough, and low enough (hip huggers or low rise) I just have to buy them a size or two up from my normal size. And the shirts they are coming out with actually look like they could be maternity shirts. It's just a very frustrating experience for me. When I find out I'm pregnant I get so excited and looking at those clothes thrills me and then I realize that these won't be clothes I'll get to wear when I'm "big" cuz' it'll be a different season and then when I do get farther along I remember why my previous maternity wardrobe was so scarce cuz' the choices for my pickiness is crap. My maternity clothes from when I was pregnant with Ginger are summer clothes, capris, tank tops, shorts. And this baby is due in January. Holy crap. I practically need everything clothes wise for this pregnancy. I know Josh isn't happy about me having to buy new clothes, he wants me to wear my old ones ALL the time (tank tops in the dead of winter here??) I feel like he just wants to look horrible and feel bad about myself. I guess I could wear my PJ's day in and day out from now until January 21st. Sorry about this little rant I'm just feeling a little "blah" today, my whole wardrobe is starting to uncomfortable on me and since I don't have the proper clothes that fit me, I just feel fat instead of pregnant. I'm in a mood. I hope it goes away soon, I hate feeling like this and I know if I'm still feeling this way when Josh walks through the door after work, he's going to be on the receiving end.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!
Feeling better now?

DANI KYNASTON said...

I hate maternity clothes, too. I am just the opposite, though. I hate the ones that sit below my waist and feel like they are going to fall off. Try shopping at place like Burlington Coat Factory, they have a decent selection and they are cheaper. Also, do they have any outlets near by? Try and see if they have anything good. Just tell Josh that you deserve to be comfortable right now. That's my line.

The Northwest Bunch said...

I gave all my maternity clothes to my sister so I have nothing for this baby. My solution was I wear pants that have a drawstring and that you can wear them under your belly (these are bought in the regular clothes section). I do not like those panal pants anyway. I also just buy shirts at target in the JR section that are large or x-large depending on the cut they work just fine. I have learned that you really do not need maternity clothes. Also the style of shirts now are are very flattering to pregnant women so your choices are endless. I am stocking up on cute sweat suits with matching jackets. I think this will get me through the winter as well as post pregnancy. I always need time to wear my old clothes again so now I will have the in between clothes. Which I think is more important than the cute maternity clothes. Good luck on shopping!!! Also with the tank tops just put a cute shirt over that may not be able to button and show off your belly. Capri's (if wide enough at the bottom) with boots are very cute with a sweater or denim jacket. I am no fashion expert but I think you can do it Amanda!! Love Ya

Ginger said...

My solution is to hang onto the maternity clothes. If you have enough children they will feel like a bargain. Remember it is not how much it costs, but how many times you are going to wear it. A fancy dress you wear once at $30.00 is not as good a bargain as a pair of pants you spend $40.00 on but wear 200 times. I think you are looking really great.

Shelli said...

Actually, Janeal is a fashion expert! Always good advice. I agree with Mom, if you keep your clothes for later pregnancies, then they are worth it. I always thought Target had cute maternity stuff. In fact, I'm annoyed when I pull something off the clearance rack and find out it's actually maternity!

Vidal's Nest said...

I just wore Tony's old shirts and drawstring pants from walmart. I was NOT cute when pregnate! My clothes did not help! Good luck!