Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is romance?

Seriously? What is romance? My friend was over last week and we got to talking about it and I think everyone has their own idea of what it could be. Maybe it's your special someone who buys you flowers and candy and jewelry. Or your special someone who cleaned your house for you. Or whisked you away on a mini vacation. Or took the kids off your hands so you could sleep in, take a bath, finish a project, go shopping, etc. I think that we have these preconceived notions on what we should expect romance to be (you know, candy, jewelry, flowers, sexy talk, all the time). But it's not all about the gooey stuff. Sometimes I forget because Josh is not a romantic kind of guy most of the time, but every now and then when he is and when I look back at the times that he has done small gestures for me... man it just blows me away and I fall even more in love with him. I am one who doesn't particularly doesn't care much for Valentine's Day. I love making the kids a morning breakfast, but I love even more remembering why I love Josh and remembering. Happy Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Romance for me is being married to my best friend; to have him always looking for ways to make me happy; to see "that look" in his eyes; and to hear him laugh out loud at something I said.

So glad you married a good guy! You and your little family are so cute and fun. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much.