Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Day

Oh what a day Valentine's Day was. It was my first year doing a special breakfast for the family. And let me tell you... I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Just watching them when the first saw it was so worth the effort. I'm still new at it so I didn't do as a faboulous job as my mom did when I was growing up. But every year I hope to be better. And I couldn't find the candy red hot hearts anywhere! Dani says that they are hard to locate so when you find them buy them on the spot and then you'll have them for next year. I'll be looking everytime I go to the store. Heart shaped pancakes and juice for breakfast, but for this year, it was more than enough to please my babies.






This is my Valentine's Day shirt that I made :)

Here's the back.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Welcome to the party! You're stuck with the tradition, now. Your girls will never, ever, ever let you get out of it after this. But, I have to admit, it is definitely one of my favorite traditions to pass on. It is so simple to do, but the memories live forever. Congratulations on a fine debut!

Vidal's Nest said...

I love that you are doing this tradition too. I am sure my kids will continue it too. It is one of our favorite holidays!
I found a heart shaped waffle maker so I do that instead of the heart pancakes!
I agree with Shelli, once you start your kids will look so forward to it they will make you keep doing it!
I couldn't find the red hearts/hots this year so we just didn't have them!