Monday, September 14, 2009

Floating the River

In Idaho we did what all Idahoans do... we floated the Boise river! It was awesome. I don't know I didn't do it more often when I lived there? Probably cuz' I thought oh next year. It was so much. Josh's mom watched Zoey and we took Ginger with us. My mom also joined in on the fun. She rented a tube that had a mesh bottom for Ginger and it was perfect for her. She was safe the whole time. It takes like 3 hours to float it and it was so relaxing and COLD! My mom brought some tubes for us as well, and Josh and I had one to. The ones my mom brought were so small. I felt like a giant in it. And it wasn't easy to keep myself in it the whole time. Me and my totally got dumped going over the first waterfall. Super fun though. But getting back in was difficult. I couldn't believe who awesome Ginger did on the river. I thought maybe she would start getting bored but she enjoyed it the whole time. There was one scary moment where my mom and Ginger (they were tied together) were headed towards the edge and there were some small rapids and Gingers tube went straight up and she nearly landed in my moms lap. Whew! I was starting to shiver real bad that my mom was getting worried and so we took a little break and instantly I felt better once I was out of the cold water. It's so much fun and relaxing to float the river. I'm so glad that my mom came with us and did it with us she's such a trooper.


1 comment:

Vidal's Nest said...

Did your mom tell you how we almost drowned floating the provo river? It was a blast! And she is a trooper!